Spray tanning in brisbane, birkdale
Hi Everyone, my name is Adriana Alvarenga! Welcome to Bayside Beauty. I run a spray beauty studio from my home in Birkdale, and am an Arbonne cosmetics and skin care specialist. We use the highest quality tanning solution, including St Tropez and TANinc, and provide a clean and safe environment for your glowing tan application.
LET'S GET A SPRAY TAN! Here's why!
Truth of the matter is most people feel better when they have a bit of colour. I particularly love summer because I get that little more sunlight than usual. With a spray tan on top, I feel AMAZING!
I bet you didn't think a spray tan could have too many benefits other than looking GREAT!. There are a few other benefits to getting a professional spray tan with me than you might not have considered. Have a read!
1. CONFIDENCE. We all have areas of our bodies we don't particularly love, but with a spray tan you can instantly feel more confident and those make those little insecurities seem like nothing.
2. SLIMMER AND MORE TONED. Almost 2/3 of people said they not only felt slimmer with a spray tam but more toned. Spray tan can be applied with certain technique, which is almost like contouring of the body to enhance the appearance of muscle tone.
3. MINIMISES SCARS AND OR PIGMENTATION. A good spray tan can help reduce the sign of pigmentation and disguise scars. If you are self conscious about other imperfections such as stretch marks and or blemishes, spray tanning can conceal these.
4. HEALTHY SKIN. Our bodies are mainly made of water, therefore we all need to keep hydrated to fuel our bodies. A hydrating spray tan will leave your skin not only looking great but feeling healthier too.
5. SUN SAFE . It has been proved that there are harmful UVA and UVB rays from tanning beds and that the sun can cause premature ageing, and cancer. A professional spray tan with me will give you the golden glow that will leave your skin looking radiant without harming any part of you. Guilt free beauty is the way to go!
6. EASY PREPARATION. All you need to do do is exfoliate and remove all the dead skin cells. After doing so, your skin instantly is healthier and and looks brighter. This creates the perfect blank canvas for your spray tan to be applied.
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE
It is very important to take care of your skin/tan before and after every spray tan, to maximise results. If the provided instructions are not followed the longevity of your tan will decrease and the appearance will not be as desired.
Follow my handy tips below to help get the BEST TAN IN BRISBANE! I will inform you how to prepare for your spray tan as well as maintaining it.
Preparing for your spray tan
- Any waxing should be done 2 days prior to your appointment.
- Exfoliate skin at least 8 hours before your appointment to smooth skin for an even tan. Exfoliate the knees, elbows, feet, and hands a little extra.
- Shave at least 6 hours before your appointment with only soap and water. Please refrain from using shaving cream as they contain lanolin, which is an oil that acts as a barrier between the tanning solution and the skin.
- Remove make-up prior to your appointment.
- If your skin is quite dry, please ensure you apply a light water based cream lightly to skin at least 2 hours prior to your appointment.
- Never apply oils onto your skin before or after your appointment.
- Wear dark loose fitting clothing straight after your application to prevent clothing staining and tan getting smudged with tight clothing.
- Do not wear wool, nylon, or silk during or after your application and for at least 8 hours as there may be a reaction with these fabrics that can cause staining.
NB: Please ensure you bring your own underwear. A G-string works best to get the nicest allover tan.
After Your application
- Ensure you place a towel or old sheets down on your bed should you be leaving it on while you sleep. Your sheets may stain otherwise.
- Depending on the product used, you may need to wait at least 8 to 12 hours after application before you shower. This will allow time for the self-tanning to occur naturally on the skin.
- Should you see any colour wash off in your first shower, do not stress as this is perfectly normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer. Once you dry off you will see your beautiful bronzed tan.
- Do not apply any type of moisturiser until after your first shower as this will most likely affect the immediate reaction of the solution on the skin and cause streaking.
- No exercising or perspiring until after your first shower.
- Ensure to moisturise your whole body on a daily basis after a shower with a water based moisturiser to maintain your tan. Oil based moisturisers, can cause blotchy tans.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your application. If you wish to exfoliate, do so very gently and evenly to preserve an even tan.
- If sun-bathing remember to wear a sunscreen. You look like you have a tan but you will always need to apply sunscreen to prevent your skin from getting sun burnt.
Maintaining Your Spray Tan
- Spray tans can last from 4 – 10 days if looked after correctly. To maintain your tan looking it's best, ensure that you moisturise and use appropriate products. Using the wrong products can cause your tan to fade quicker than normal.
The following products could potentially have a fading or blotchy effect on your spray tan. - AHA products
- Anti-acne products that exfoliate or dry the skin
- Anti-aging products that exfoliate skin
- Bar soaps
- BHA products
- Retin-A products
- Body Hair Bleach Products
- Toners containing Alcohols or Witch Hazel can lighten tan
- Facial masks & exfoliating scrubs
- Body spray, perfumes, and bug spray when they are sprayed directly on skin. We recommend that you
- spray your clothing or spray into the air then walk through.
- Hair inhibiting Lotions can cause your tan to yellow
- Exercising often or large amount of sweating can cause your tan to fade faster, especially in body fold areas.
- Makeup remover cleaning products or oils
- Submersion in hot tub or swimming pool and sometimes even habitual long hot baths.
- Using a loofah, mitt, scrub etc. for daily washing
- Waxing unwanted hair or depilatory hair removal products
booking by appointment only.
55 Bates Drive
Birkdale, QLD, 4159